20.5.09

Muesli Slice

This recipe is an oldie but a goodie, its probably mum's most requested recipe and one I know by heart.

ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup sultanas
½ cup dessicated coconut
½ cup self-raising flour
½ cup brown sugar
125g margarine, melted with 2 tablespoons honey
***
Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add margarine and honey, mixing until combined.
Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden and cut into squares while still warm. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Australian Woman's Weekly Cakes + Slices cookbook (now out of print). Updated version available here.

1 comment:

Kate Moore said...

Oh don't. This stuff is a weakness. I have sworn off making it because I am not much of a sweet tooth, and this isn't too sweet but perfect with a cuppa. Oi, how I'd like some now.
I have a cake coming for you. Made the Pumpkin and Ginger Pecan Crust cheesecake. It was a winner. Not too sweet, warm, silky texture - the crust is to die for. Sadly, my pics aren't that great because I was taking them in poor light about 7am before rushing out the door to work. Will post next week and send you the recipe so, if you wish to, you can do it justice.